Monday, April 20, 2009

Tilahun has escaped at last!!!

I can see how this news is affecting my soul; disturbing me in and out. I hate this fate... for being so far away from HOME, at this important day, not to be among the multitude millions of crowd of my people in Ethiopia, and cry out my desperation, anger... and humility. His life and career had been symbolically representing the lives of millions of the owners of those words and messages, the subjects of that Land, Ethiopia. His words and musics were a de-facto spokesperson for many of us ... . This Man has raised my consciousness since I was born, he has played a very important role in shaping my views towards my culture, my people and my beloved country... his overwhelming quinching gestures of the right respect and tribute to those who served their country, bled for Ethiopia; and his diminishing voice and words-of-sword upon those who betrayed their land; all will be remembered and kept in our hearts. He mobilized a whole nation in love, war and peace, for that Ethiopia. The legend has at last passed out, or shall I say rested; leaving us with these broad-day light thieves and robbers, who have been torturing/ killing, burying him alive; by humiliating him, and those who make it their duty of selling his songs without his knowledge and permission; and walk away free, laughing at our cripple judiciary system and his fans. Now he has died, his house is open to be robbed further, "go ahead and take away as much of his songs/properties as you like .... You bloody "Chigar-terriwoch". You will never make it up anyways. Tilahun has ascended, never will he come back and be hurted again. God mercy upon his soul! I wish "Mastaweqia Minister" saves his records and keeps his musics and other old musics clean. Even recent records are rusting in 'that building'. But what can we do with people like ... ...? whose business has been to have any of our country's heritage and archives be systematically destroyed. It's just a sad time.
Wehib

No comments:

Post a Comment